Locations: Offices in Asia (India and Philippines) and Africa (Kenya, Senegal, South Africa and Zambia)
IDinsight designs, deploys, and promotes evidence-generating tools that help people eliminate poverty worldwide. We tailor gold-standard methodologies to practitioner needs and enable continuous improvement by using the right tools at the right time. We serve governments, foundations, NGOs, and socially-impactful businesses across many sectors including health, education, agriculture, governance, financial inclusion, energy, and sanitation. IDinsight is a pioneer in using rigorous data to drive development decisions, with recognition from Forbes, Foreign Policy Magazine, PopTech, and Echoing Green, among others.
About the Associate Program
IDinsight Associates are high-performing early-career professionals interested in social impact, global development, data and statistics, monitoring and evaluation, project management, and client services. The Associate experience is varied, with responsibilities ranging from office-based data analysis and client interactions to field-based team trainings and data management. Associates also contribute directly to IDinsight’s growth and evolution by taking leadership roles in their office and rotating onto a variety of internal initiatives.
Examples of recent IDinsight Associate roles:
• Building a data visualization tool for the Indian government • Coordinating the writing of a white paper on how measurement projects fail • Assisting with the implementation of an agricultural intervention in rural Mozambique • Conducting research on digital identity in India • Developing, piloting, and implementing internal systems for the Global Operations team • Coordinating a 10,000-household survey in rural Nigeria for a global health evaluation • Conducting qualitative assessments for a low-cost private school network in Uganda
Skill and career development are core to IDinsight's values and long-term impact strategy, and have been noted as highlights of the Associate experience. Associates receive significant mentorship from IDinsight leadership and are given considerable autonomy when shown to be ready. Associates maintain professional development plans and are given "stretch" opportunities designed to strengthen desired skills. Real-time feedback and structured reviews are regularly provided to maximize each Associate’s growth.
Alumni of the Associate program have been well-prepared to pursue outstanding educational and professional paths. Associates progressed to managerial roles within IDinsight and joined leading private and nonprofit institutions, such as Bain & Company and One Acre Fund. Alumni have also continued to graduate programs, including Duke Sanford School of Public Policy Doctoral program, Harvard Business School, Harvard Kennedy School, Harvard Law School, Princeton Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, MIT Sloan School of Management, Yale Law School, and University of California- San Francisco Medical School.
• Deeply passionate about international development and serving the poor • Interested in using rigorous evidence to increase social impact • Outstanding quantitative and analytical skills • Excellent written and oral communication • 0-3 years work experience, preferably in developing country settings • Dedication to organization and culture building and a desire to participate in office events • Ability to quickly learn or build upon previous knowledge of statistical software like Stata • Interpersonal skills and the ability to connect with a range of stakeholders, from school children to senior government officials • Self-starting team player who thrives in challenging and new situations • Willingness to travel for extended periods of time, including to rural areas • Leadership or entrepreneurial experience • Intellectual curiosity and a sense of humor • Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree Candidates may be considered for other vacancies if experience and qualifications fit better with another role.
Associate positions will be based in India (Delhi or other cities), Kenya (Nairobi), the Philippines (Manila), Senegal (Dakar), South Africa (Johannesburg), and Zambia (Lusaka) with possible significant regional travel dependent on project needs and possibilities to move as we open new offices. Note on Work Visas: IDinsight sponsors work visas for all nationalities in our non-U.S. offices in Africa and Asia, but at this time we do not sponsor international work visas in the U.S. for most roles.
Salary and benefits competitive with similar roles. Dependent on geography.
Various start dates in 2018. Minimum two year commitment, with potential for a long-term career at IDinsight.
To Apply There are three applications for the Associate Program. Applicants should apply based on their most recent academic affiliation. Questions on each application reflect different academic systems.
• If most recent academic affiliation is an Indian institution, please apply via the India application. Application deadline is 11:59 PM IST, October 2, 2017 (please note earlier deadline).
• If most recent academic affiliation is an African institution, please apply via the Africa application. Application deadline is 11:59 PM EST, October 23, 2017.
• All others should apply via the Global application.
More information, including spotlights of current and past Associates, can be found online at IDinsight Careers. Any questions should be directed to careers@IDinsight.org.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. IDinsight is an equal opportunity employer.